4 hours in Singapore


I just graduated with my Bachelors degree in Entrepreneurship and my mother had flown in to celebrate with me.She was around town for a few weeks and words will short change you how fun her visit was. We were super touristy while she was here,getting home after ten pm most of the days,taking trains and getting lost!I was glad she experienced how Malaysian days seem to fly by.There were times before she came that I'd still be online after midnight and she'd wonder why I don't sleep early like what normal people do. She had an experience of late night sleeping and more. I always got tempted to ask her,do you see now? lol

Zimbabweans can travel to certain countries without a Visa and since Singapore is one of them,we decided to spend a day there. A friend of mine had hinted she'd been there for less than $10 and my mum could not think of anything else but to travel! It was exciting,getting bus tickets and packing our handbags for the day's adventure,I hadn't been an early bird in such a long time but at 4:30am I was struggling to wake up,contemplating if the trip was worth it haha. Did I tell you mum was up and ready to shower?
I won't bore you with how we booked uber/taxi ,got to the train station and then waited for the bus. We were on our journey,it's usually a 5 hour bus ride. I pride myself in staying up and taking in the views no matter how long the journey is but this one was different.My eyes could not stay open.I took in half the trip then got shocked when mum woke me up and we were already at the Malaysian boarder (Johor Baru) 

The passports got the exit stamps and excited is an understatement.A few more kilometers and we were at the immigration checkpoint to Singapore. I had already given my passport to the immigration officer when two lovely officers walk up to mum from nowhere! They asked her for her return ticket to Zimbabwe. Prior to this journey,mum used a small handbag and she always had her passport and return ticket in it.I truly thought it was unnecessary to have the  ticket with her all the time.Our trip required a bigger bag so I had removed the return  ticket from her bag and now it was being requested!
Comment if you want me to continue
                                                    Till next time...
                                                    *stay graceful*

No comments

Do leave a comment